Thursday, March 26, 2009

Displaying photographs

I thought I would write a little about displaying photographs. Not that I know a whole lot about it but I will share what I know.
I decided to head over the Michaels Crafts this week after seeing the ad in the Sunday paper. They have lots of frames on sale and I just had to look.
See here: http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home Look up the weekly ad by zip code.
While browsing I noticed some very nice large frames for less than $30! Thinking about buying a 16x20 but not sure about the expense of display? have no fear! for less than $35 you can frame a large print, now matting is another story but not necessary either :)
I have a 16x20 hanging in my dining room of my son unmatted and it looks great, guess its just a matter of taste and budget.
I will show and tell about the newest display in my house:
I bought
3 basic black 11x14 frames = 3 x $2.52 (on sale)
3 mats 11x14 cut to 5x7 = 3 x $2 (on sale at Hobby Lobby)
3 metal hangers = 3 x .21
3 photographs that I had
Total = $13.92 not too bad
I will add pictures when I have them on the wall.
For a neat display helper check this out:
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayproductPage?productNum=fr0450

No comments:

Post a Comment